1. Lifehacker.com – aka how to hack, download (And even fold your shirt in 2.0 seconds flat!); but instead of doing anything, it just results me in having 1million tabs open of articles, ideas, and inventions I want to try… which leads me to the 2nd most offending tab hog.
2.Wikipedia.com – Marketing to Market to Social Economics to Sociology to Twerking. Seriously?!
3.Facebook.com – I’d be a liar if I didn’t admit it, even as much as I hate it. Remember when job hunters had real friends?
4. Linkedin.com …. See above.
5. Gmail.com/Outlook.com – My Email hosts; oh what’s this massive pile of 47 junk mails I must filter through? And Gmail brags that they have the best spam filters why?
6. BBC/HuffPost/MSN/CNN – AKA ANY NEWS WEBSITE – See the Wikipedia mishap + archive failure tab browser offender.
7. Blogs – Especially Tumblrs. Enough Said.
8. OkCupid – I won’t even lie. I mean, I have to practice my interviewing skills via dates, right?
9. Youtube – though this might be debatable as really awesome rad music motivates me; so long as wikipedia or facebook or linkedin aren’t open.
10. Bing- Hands Down. The Worst. I Google (well, ‘BING’) “Marketing Ideas” or “Personal Branding ideas” and it all seems to somehow come back to… twerking.
- SEO and Community: Like Peanut Butter & Jelly – Moz (moz.com)
- The power of WE vs. ME! (himynameisblairpettrey.wordpress.com)
- Welcome Blair! (otterlimits.wordpress.com)
- Hone & Own (In Your Market). (himynameisblairpettrey.wordpress.com)
One thought on “Top 10 List of Productivity Sites That Turn Me Unproductive.”
I stopped using okc a few weeks ago after one too many awkward dates lol. My coworker showed me cliqie.com and I’m a big fan of that over the others in terms of actually meeting people vs. just entertainment. It has a different approach that feels less sketchy cause you and your friends essentially act as “wingmen”. I like that it helps you find things to do too. Skout’s okay too, but still has it’s fair share of creepers