I was recently asked my favorite influencers in the industry. Trying to recall a few (which even a year ago I could have spewed at least 100 of the industry’s top influencers), but quickly drew a blank. I began to ponder how in the world this could be. I am constantly reading, researching, and website/blog/social media account hopping.
It was instantly then, that I realized the one keyword… hopping. With the availability of sites like inbound.org , growthhackers.com, linkedin.com, reddit.com and the growing usage of specific hashtags on social channels (that then link to relevant content) — well the truth is, in 2015 I stopped following specific industry leader’s or blogs, and instead started following topics that peaked my interests. A blog might have 1 killer post, but the rest could pretty much suck. So why waste your time visiting individual sites, or receiving emails of the latest posts
That aside; If you have an interest in inbound marketing and the various components that help produce great inbound campaigns, here are 40 blogposts that can help you bring your best to all you do in 2016.
- 10 Steps Every Content Marketer Must Take In 2016, Heidi Cohen
- Planning Your 2016 Content Marketing Calendar, Duct Tape Marketing
- Content Marketing Grows Up: My 2016 Prediction, Ann Handley
- The Content Marketing Campaign Playbook – Guaranteeing Success in 2016, Moz
- Idea Sex: How New Yorker Cartoonists Generate 500 Ideas a Week, 99u
- Should you have a resources page on your blog?, BloggingTips
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer (Poster), Copyblogger
- 5 Free Market-Research Tools to Read Your Audience’s Minds (And Create Content to Delight Them), Kissmetrics
- Planning For SEO Success In 2016, Search Engine Land
- 7 Highly Effective SEO Tips for Bloggers, Sprout Social
- SEO Checklist 2016, IDFmarketing
- SEO & Link Building in 2016, webprofits
- SEO Predictions for 2016, emagine
- 3 PPC Trends And Tactics You Can’t Ignore In 2016 , Search Engine Land
- PPC New Year’s Resolutions for 2016, ClixMarketing
- PPC Trends 2016: 24 Expert Predictions On Paid Search, Display & Retargeting, momentology
- 8 PPC Trends for 2016, Serps-Invaders
- Why Facebook Is A Bigger Ad Opportunity Than Google, AdEspresso
- 5 Ways to Re-Ignite Twitter Growth in 2016, Ignite Social Media
- 12 Best Facebook Marketing Tips (Sharpen Your Skills Today), Post Planner
- A Quick Guide to Visual Marketing on Facebook for 2016, Social Media Explorer
- How to Use Facebook’s Best Feature: Targeting, Contently
- 2016 Social Media Marketing Plan For Success, Heidi Cohen
- The Truth About Social Media Strategy, Convince and Convert
- Data-Driven Design Tips for Maximising Impact on Twitter, Canva DesignerSchool
- How to Find Images on Google You Can Reuse, RODAMarketing
- Be Careful About These 6 Web Design Trends in 2016, AWWWards
- 6 Web Design Trends You Must Know for 2015 & 2016, AWWWards
- Web Design Predictions for 2016: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Wix
- Top Web Design Trends To Watch In 2016, Forbes
- Retailers’ email volumes rise in Q3 and so do open rates, Internet Retailer
- Best Email Marketing Services for 2016, The Simple Dollar
- Email Marketing & Video in 2016 – All You Need To Know, Business2Community
- Email Marketing Trends in 2016, Keywords+Jargon
- 8 Ways to Improve Your Call-To-Action Copy to Get More Subscribers, AWeber
General Digital Marketing Tips
- Stop Marketing Like It’s 2012, Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Dangerous Myth of the Magical Tool, Copyblogger
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Trends for 2016 (Which You Should Be Starting in 2015), Impress1
- The one thing keeping your marketing from being successful, YourMarketingCo
- 7 Inbound Marketing Trends You Need To Stay Ahead of the Curve, Impact
The reality? The best place to hide a dead body? Page 2 of Googlesearch.
80% of people don’t look past the top 3 results on Google, 90% don’t look past page 1.
Where does your business’ page land?
In case you live under a rock – and I admit, I am delayed in the amazingness – Facebook has recently introduced (in a slow roll out, sadly none of the pages I administer have it implemented yet…) a “call to action” option.
As a huge conversion & lead generation lover – this brings yet another way for Facebook to help you rock your marketing funnels and gain information and potentially help you bypass steps in the funnel you would have had to cross bridges with social media prior.
To add the ‘Call to Action’ you visit your page’s cover photo section, and it will be located next to the “like” option. As I mentioned, I haven’t received access to the exciting tool yet – but Facebook promises it will be rolled out worldwide by the end of the year. (Ha!)
Have your page received the ‘Call to Action’ button yet? How are you utilizing it and what gains have you seen because of it? Leave a comment with your experience
I remember meeting with the infamous Matthew Roda of Roda Marketing – when he had asked me (after reading my Lancaster, PA edition of Digital Marketing Websites…. wha?) if he thought I was searching for the same terminology that others ‘not in the field’ would be searching for.
In the moment – I thought of course?! What small – mid – ( or even large) sized business that needs digital marketing efforts doesn’t look up things like “Digital Marketing” or (internet/online/some variation of such). However, the reality is, Matthew might have been onto something… Or AT LEAST, I’m hoping… Because as it turns out? South Carolina might not be a haven for digital marketing.
But alas, as always – here’s what I was looking for:
Responsive Website Template
Social Media– Links to share, and links to company pages
Content– The ability to manage & create engaging content
And how did ‘South Carolina” measure up? (Or some of the major metropolitan areas within since the term South Carolina wasn’t so … helpful….)?