I was recently asked my favorite influencers in the industry. Trying to recall a few (which even a year ago I could have spewed at least 100 of the industry’s top influencers), but quickly drew a blank. I began to ponder how in the world this could be. I am constantly reading, researching, and website/blog/social media account hopping.
It was instantly then, that I realized the one keyword… hopping. With the availability of sites like inbound.org , growthhackers.com, linkedin.com, reddit.com and the growing usage of specific hashtags on social channels (that then link to relevant content) — well the truth is, in 2015 I stopped following specific industry leader’s or blogs, and instead started following topics that peaked my interests. A blog might have 1 killer post, but the rest could pretty much suck. So why waste your time visiting individual sites, or receiving emails of the latest posts
That aside; If you have an interest in inbound marketing and the various components that help produce great inbound campaigns, here are 40 blogposts that can help you bring your best to all you do in 2016.
- 10 Steps Every Content Marketer Must Take In 2016, Heidi Cohen
- Planning Your 2016 Content Marketing Calendar, Duct Tape Marketing
- Content Marketing Grows Up: My 2016 Prediction, Ann Handley
- The Content Marketing Campaign Playbook – Guaranteeing Success in 2016, Moz
- Idea Sex: How New Yorker Cartoonists Generate 500 Ideas a Week, 99u
- Should you have a resources page on your blog?, BloggingTips
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer (Poster), Copyblogger
- 5 Free Market-Research Tools to Read Your Audience’s Minds (And Create Content to Delight Them), Kissmetrics
- Planning For SEO Success In 2016, Search Engine Land
- 7 Highly Effective SEO Tips for Bloggers, Sprout Social
- SEO Checklist 2016, IDFmarketing
- SEO & Link Building in 2016, webprofits
- SEO Predictions for 2016, emagine
- 3 PPC Trends And Tactics You Can’t Ignore In 2016 , Search Engine Land
- PPC New Year’s Resolutions for 2016, ClixMarketing
- PPC Trends 2016: 24 Expert Predictions On Paid Search, Display & Retargeting, momentology
- 8 PPC Trends for 2016, Serps-Invaders
- Why Facebook Is A Bigger Ad Opportunity Than Google, AdEspresso
- 5 Ways to Re-Ignite Twitter Growth in 2016, Ignite Social Media
- 12 Best Facebook Marketing Tips (Sharpen Your Skills Today), Post Planner
- A Quick Guide to Visual Marketing on Facebook for 2016, Social Media Explorer
- How to Use Facebook’s Best Feature: Targeting, Contently
- 2016 Social Media Marketing Plan For Success, Heidi Cohen
- The Truth About Social Media Strategy, Convince and Convert
- Data-Driven Design Tips for Maximising Impact on Twitter, Canva DesignerSchool
- How to Find Images on Google You Can Reuse, RODAMarketing
- Be Careful About These 6 Web Design Trends in 2016, AWWWards
- 6 Web Design Trends You Must Know for 2015 & 2016, AWWWards
- Web Design Predictions for 2016: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, Wix
- Top Web Design Trends To Watch In 2016, Forbes
- Retailers’ email volumes rise in Q3 and so do open rates, Internet Retailer
- Best Email Marketing Services for 2016, The Simple Dollar
- Email Marketing & Video in 2016 – All You Need To Know, Business2Community
- Email Marketing Trends in 2016, Keywords+Jargon
- 8 Ways to Improve Your Call-To-Action Copy to Get More Subscribers, AWeber
General Digital Marketing Tips
- Stop Marketing Like It’s 2012, Gary Vaynerchuk
- The Dangerous Myth of the Magical Tool, Copyblogger
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Trends for 2016 (Which You Should Be Starting in 2015), Impress1
- The one thing keeping your marketing from being successful, YourMarketingCo
- 7 Inbound Marketing Trends You Need To Stay Ahead of the Curve, Impact
Which is beyond FUNNY; because truly, all I do is use the resources available to me as a mere human being – to analyze my competitors and what they are doing.
Nothing I do is ‘black hat’
In fact, everything I do to analyze my (or anyones) competitors – is something I’m about to share with you (and how EASY it is)!
In three simple ways, I will share with you everything I do!
#1) I analyze (their) Paid Advertising:
- I’ve mentioned SpyFu.com a million times – but this is always my go to resource, priority number one. If for some reason you are hating on SpyFu.com – make sure to also check out SEMRush.com or KeywordSpy.com
(Nope – not a single one of THOSE or ANY of these links are paying me to share their information, resources or content with you. Any link I ever provide is completely out of FREE-WILL good conscious!) ←(Hey @SEMRUSH, KEYWORDSPY and @SPYFU – if you ever want to pay me, I am down for that too ☺ )
#2) I view their websites ‘View Source’:
- If you’re on PC – you merely right click “view source”, if you’re on MAC (and someone can surely suggest an easier route) – you utilize your tool settings on whatever browser you use. This allows you to view ANY meta tag, meta description and/or meta keywords that your competitor may be including on their website or that specific page!
#3) I subscribe to any and all information available:
- Do they have a social media account? I ‘follow’ and/or ‘like’. If they have a newsletter, I ‘subscribe’. This alone reminds me any and all times they update their page, and with what content!
These 3 examples alone – allow me to truly analyze and understand what my benchmarks and/or competitors are doing to stay up to date.
Stay tuned for even more tips on how to better compete with and analyze your competitors!
Want more information or to see how you can hire Blair Pettrey?
Find Blair Pettrey here: